- Villamartin is on the Coast Blanca, just west of Torrevieja. It's a fast-growing tourist destination.
- It's a little warmer than on the coast due to its slight inland location and less prone to costal winds.
- There are many local beaches within a short drive with a European Blue Flag designation, for cleanliness and safety.
- The hallowed golfing greens have been played by royalty and Severiano Ballesteros. There are also many other courses with in a 10-15 minute drive.
- Villamartin Plaza is a hive of live entertainment with bars and restaurants.
- The high street and commercial areas, such as La Fuente, provide a wide variety of brasserie style restaurants.