- Sucina was, traditionally, a farmer's village.
- The local market is every Monday and has lots of locally grown produce.
- There are numerous golf courses nearby - Hacienda del Riquelme is just 3.4km away.
- Over the last 10 years Sucina has grown with tourism. It now has many local amenities and restaurants - including 5 or 6 good British bars and restaurants.
- The local fiesta is are held in October in honour of the Virgen Del Rosario. Street processions and parties are held, throughout the day and night, in celebration.
- Sucina is a 18km drive to the nearest beach.