- San Javier is a small town in Costa Calida.
- The city of Murcia is only about 40 minutes away by car - and less than an hour from Alicante international airport.
- Many markets are held every day. The Wednesday market in, San Javier, sells local produce.
- San Javier is famed for its beaches and water. The Mediterranean is on one side and the salt water lagoon of the Mar Menor is on the other. (The Mar Menor is non-tidal and shallow - so it's very safe for children.)
- The local Spanish restaurants serve tapas and have breath-taking views across the water. There are also European restaurants.
- San Javier hosts several fiestas throughout the year including the Jazz Festival, Carnival, The Belen and The Arrival of the 3 Kings in January. The 16th July is the most important day in the festive calendar. It celebrates the Virgin del Carmen.
- Golf course around San Javier include La Serena, Roda Golf and Mar Menor Golf. They're all great for keen golfers.
- Local family activities include: sailing, kite surfing, diving, cycling, horse riding, and tennis.