- Polop is a very quiet city ideal for those that want to live in the countryside - but it's only a stone’s throw from the life of Benidorm.
- The open air market is held on a Wednesday, with fresh produce.
- Benidorm and Calpe beaches are a 13km and 22km drive.
- The many restaurants use traditional local produce.
- There are many golf courses within a 8-20km,
- .The main fiesta dates from the medieval period and is held in early June.
- Local activities include: cycling, a large sports complex, a swimming pool and tennis courts.
- Attractions include the medieval wall, the ruins of an Arab fortress, the church of San Pedro and the sanctuary of the Divina Auroa.