- Orihuela is a coastal region on the Costa Blanca in the province of Alicante. It's close to the Murcia border, near La Manga, and the beautiful Mar Menor.
- The region has several seaside resorts including: Punta Prima, Playa Flamenca, La Zenia, Cabo Roig, Villamartin, Campoamor and Mil Palmer.
- There's a Tuesday market - the Wednesday market in Torrevieja is also worth a visit.
- It has 16 km of diverse coastline - including several Blue Flag sandy beaches.
- Orihuela is great for golf - with three superb courses at: Villamartin, Campoamor and Las Ramblas.
- There are many international restaurants - most have entertainment during the high season.
- Local activities include: cycling (with bike hire shops for enthusiasts), quad and e-bike tours, horse riding, archery, fishing and Segway eco tours.
- Cultural attractions include: art, historic palaces, the cathedral, several museums and the Holy Week fiesta.