La Manga del Mar Menor
- La Manga del Mar Menor is on a seaside spit of the Mar Menor. It's 21km long and 100 metres wide, separating the Mediterranean sea on one side from the Mar Menor lagoon on the other.
- The Cabo de Palos fishing villa holds a Sunday market - it's one of the largest in the area. Night markets are held through the summer months at Plaza Bohemia.
- There are wide sandy tidal beaches with the Mediterranean on one side with with beautiful blue water. On the other is the Lagoon of the Mar Menor with shallow non tidal waters and flat beaches.
- La Manga Club has three award winning golf courses, the west is the hardest. Nearby are the La Serena and Roda Golf courses.
- There are 21km of restaurants, cafes, bars and nightclubs. You will never be lost for choice from fresh fish restaurants in the habours with fast food, Chinese restaurants and bakeries selling coffee and freshly cooked pastries.
- Activities include a Kite centre, jet ski hire, watersports, Sup paddle board, snorkelling, tennis, and go-karting.
- Cabo de Palos is famous for its reef and wreck diving so remember to bring your Padi or dive certificates..
- Cartagena is only a 20 minute drive with a it's substantial Roman history - and a museum in the port.
- The Roman and Carthaginian festival is in September with a fun fair, a roman camp and numerous bars.