- Gran Alicant is close to Alicante airport in the Costa Blanca. Many northern Europeans have settled here due to the warm climate and relaxed atmosphere.
- The large Tuesday market is open between 09.00hrs – 14.0 hrs. it has stalls selling: fresh fruit, spices, household goods and lots more.
- Carabassi beach has many kilometres of unspoilt sand dunes and wild nature. There are beaches of every types from rocky coves to sandy.
- There are many golf courses within driving distance.
- In the town centre there are a wide variety of restaurants with food from all around the world.
- Local activities include: paddle courts (at the sports centre), water sports and boat hire (from the marinas).
- .A great excursion for the family is a trip to Tabarca Island for a snorkel safari.
- The salt flats that are still working and have amazing sunsets.